CBP provides a broad range of services to top and mid-tier companies, industry associations and a range of government and semi-government bodies. We work closely with our clients' executives and internal counsel, providing support in negotiating and documenting often complex commercial transactions and carrying out compliance tasks mindful of budget restraints and corporate reporting requirements. CBP provides advice in the following areas:
- providing sounding board services for directors, executives and internal legal counsel
- corporate governance issues and advising directors on their statutory obligations
- Corporations Act and ASX listing rules advice
- share purchase/sale arrangements and shareholders agreements
- joint ventures
- competition and consumer compliance and law including advertising clearances, franchising code compliance, responding to investigations and complaints, and compliance programmes
- transactional and property tax
- intellectual property protection, assignments and licensing
- managing insurance claims and policy coverage reviews
- internal compliance and white collar crime investigations
- advocacy and assistance with regulatory submissions
- business and asset sales/purchases
- acting for both lenders and borrowers in project, infrastructure and general commercial financing.
We have particular experience and knowledge in the engineering, construction, chemical, rail, property development, mining and industrial services, ICT, hospitality, manufacturing, financial services, health services, education and consumer goods industries and sectors.