The Education Law Team is testament to CBP’s long-term commitment to the education sector. Our team has over 40 years' combined experience in the field of education-specific law and education administration.
Members of the Education Law Team have broad experience in acting for educational organisations. Several are involved as board members in educational institutions and have practical insight into governance and administration issues, particularly in secondary education.
Recent legal experience with educational institutions including:
- an appeal to the Land and Environment Court over failure by a council to approve extensions and developments
- a detailed review and finalisation of the Child Protection Policy for secondary schools
- handling various insurance claims in respect of liability alleged against educational bodies
- involvement in coronial inquiries for educational bodies
- preparation of employment contracts for senior staff in educational institutions
- acting in unfair dismissal claims by staff of educational institutions
- preparation and advice regarding building contracts for secondary and tertiary educational institutions
- general corporate and contractual advice
- advice regarding copyright issues.