Australia has a dynamic commercial and retail leasing environment where legislative requirements and industry practices are continually evolving. Our expert Leasing Team advise business operators and property owners in the following areas:
- managing leasing portfolios
- leases and agreements for owners of shopping centres and a large variety of other commercial and industrial centres
- suite of lease agreements (including general commercial and retail leases) for large property owners
- managing agent agreements for large commercial, industrial and retail complexes
- licenses and car-parking agreements
- contracts relating to landlord incentives
- advising on enforcement proceedings
- advice on retail leases and the legislative regime prescribed by the Retail Leases Act 1994 (NSW)
- advising property developers and owners in relation to tenant-related issues
- interpretation of obligations of parties pursuant to leases
- liquor licensing.
Our clients come from both the public and private sectors, including local consent authorities, education institutions, developers, proprietors and owners corporations, architects, builders and contractors.