Despite the contraction of the Australian shipping industry due to globalisation, there has never been a greater amount of trade taking place to and from Australia.
CBP's Trade and Transport Team is led by Stuart Hetherington who was recognised by Lloyd's List DCN in its 2010 annual awards for Maritime Services. With over 30 years experience, Stuart has an unsurpassed depth of knowledge, having conducted a significant number of the most important shipping cases in Australia arising from major maritime casualties.
Our Trade and Transport Team has a proven track record with broad experience in the following fields:
- Admiralty, including collisions, salvage, arrest of ships
- marine insurance, including cargo, hull and liability claims
- sea carriage, including cargo claims, charter party disputes
- aviation, including cargo and hull claims
- road carriage
- trade and commodity disputes
- liability claims
Our clients include marine insurers, ship owners and their P&I Clubs, exporters and importers, stevedores, freight forwarders, commodity traders, agents, brokers and charterers.