With extensive experience in contentious and non-contentious employment and industrial matters, CBP's Workplace Relations Team is highly experienced and is supported by a number of solicitors in the Commercial Dispute Resolution Group.
Advice is provided across a wide range of issues including:
- drafting and reviewing employment contracts including individual flexibility agreements and enterprise agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009
- implementation and amendment to HR policies
- drafting and advising on enforceability of restraint of trade clauses
- litigation in all industrial and discrimination tribunals and superior courts
- defending unfair dismissal and adverse action claims in Fair Work Australia and in State Industrial Relations Commissions
- managing and litigating discrimination and harassment claims
- advising on industrial action and the duty to bargain in good faith
- issues arising from the use of social networking sites in the workplace.
- providing training to clients on legislative amendments.
In light of the recent David Jones sexual harassment litigation, our Workplace Relations Team provides training to employers on their legal obligations to prevent workplace harassment and bullying, and to ensure appropriate steps are taken to manage claims when they arise.
Industry experience includes the retail and service sector, finance and professional services, healthcare, education, construction, engineering and manufacturing.
Clients range from small privately owned businesses to large companies with several thousand employees being a mixture of professional, executive, managerial, trade, administrative staff and contractors.