Dan Brush is the national head of the intellectual property and ICT team. He is an expert in technology, media and communications law and provides his clients with advice on the full range of corporate, commercial and competition issues facing businesses in Australia and overseas. Dan has particular expertise in:
- negotiation of complex commercial transactions
- technology commercialisation and protection
- fundraising, business sales and investments
- IP asset protection (patents, trademarks, copyright, design)
- trade secret protection
- joint and strategic ventures
- subscription television
- online/internet media
- digital content commercialisation and regulation
- brand protection
- web content creation, protection, commercialisation and distribution
Dan's clients include national broadcasters, leading online businesses, telecommunications companies, ISPs and online retailers. He has worked on a wide range of projects for the NSW and Commonwealth governments.
He conducts mediations and has acted to resolve a variety of disputes in the technology, media and communications sectors.
Dan was named as one of Australia's leading intellectual property lawyers by the ALB Guide. He has a degree in International Economics and South East Asian Studies in addition to his legal qualifications.
Dan joined the legal practice in 2013. He has many years' experience in Silicon Valley, California and in Australia. Dan is admitted to practice law in New South Wales and in California.