Lisa Chapman is a special counsel in the restructuring and insolvency team which operates within the broader dispute resolution group at Colin Biggers & Paisley.
Lisa has significant experience in restructuring and insolvency and commercial litigation. She acts for administrators and liquidators as well as major secured creditors.
Her expertise encompasses:
- providing legal advice to insolvency practitioners regarding all matters arising in the course of their administrations
- conducting litigation for external administrators
- conducting applications by liquidators seeking court directions
- appearing before the Supreme and Federal Courts to seek winding up and sequestration orders
- conducting and defending applications to the Court to set aside statutory demands and bankruptcy notices
- enforcing credit agreements and guarantees for major creditors
- conducting litigation for companies and individuals involving contractual disputes, allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct, unconscionable conduct, negligence and debt recovery in the Federal, Supreme, District and Local Courts and Tribunals
- providing strategic advice to companies and individuals regarding the resolution of commercial disputes
Lisa's clients are specialised in the building and construction and property industries.
In addition to a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Lisa also has a Bachelor of Business and has completed the Insolvency Education Program with the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association. She was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2005.
Lisa joined Colin Biggers & Paisley in 2019.