Nathan is a senior associate in the property team at Colin Biggers & Paisley.
Nathan has more than seven years' property industry experience including property due diligence, negotiating and documenting acquisitions, disposals, development documents, property joint ventures and unitholder agreements, complex lease (industrial, office and retail) matters and property aspects of corporate, financing and insolvency transactions.
Nathan has worked in-house for one of Australia's largest residential apartment developers and has developed a working knowledge of the commercial drivers underpinning property transactions (including financing requirements) and related areas such as tax, financing, corporate, planning, environmental and construction issues.
Nathan has served as the chair of the Law Society Tax Committee (NSWYL) giving him exposure to tax decision making and policy development processes, including in relation to property taxes.
Nathan's experience includes:
- due diligence and acquisitions of commercial properties including landmark development sites, collective strata purchases for redevelopment and option agreements
- disposals of commercial properties, including the disposal of landmark development sites through expressions of interest campaigns and distressed and corporate asset sales
- property development, including mixed-use (residential, retail, office and industrial) strata and stratum subdivisions and associated strata management statements, agreements for lease, sale documentation and development, unitholder, joint venture and partition agreements and review of development documents for financiers
- significant retail, commercial office and industrial leasing transactions acting for developer (including pre-leasing) and investor landlords and corporate tenants including national retailers, head offices, childcare centres and warehouses
- property aspects of corporate transactions including a large scale sale and leaseback of a national commercial property portfolio, acquisition of national retailers and project level agreements
Nathan's clients include property developers, investment groups, medium to large businesses and Australian and foreign banks
In addition to his Bachelor of Laws from University of Technology Sydney, Nathan also has a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree from Macquarie University
Nathan has been admitted to practice since 2011 in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and is also admitted in the High Court of Australia.
Nathan joined Colin Biggers & Paisley in 2017.