Paul is a partner in the employment and safety team at Colin Biggers & Paisley.
Paul has over 15 years' experience, specialising in high risk matters in employment law including employment-related litigation, workplace and institutional misconduct, preventing and resolving industrial and bargaining disputes, assisting with discrimination and sexual harassment compliance and defending and resolving unfair dismissal and adverse action claims. He also has experience in work health and safety and how to manage ill and injured workers.
Paul works across a diverse range of industries including education, retail, aged care, health, construction and manufacturing. He has particular expertise in the education industry assisting schools, childcare providers, private colleges, higher education providers, religious entities and higher education institutions with sensitive and high risk employment matters including:
- resolution of enterprise bargaining disputes and industrial action
- undertaking or advising on complex and sensitive workplace investigations into workplace and institutional misconduct
- corporate governance compliance
- devising dismissal and exit strategies
- drafting enterprise bargaining agreements, contracts and policies
- managing matters relating to reportable conduct such as sex-related offences in educational institutions and advising on child protection compliance
- unfair dismissal and general protection claims
Paul has a Master of Laws (University of Melbourne), Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Macquarie University) and Advanced Diploma (Business) (RMIT University). He is also an Accredited Specialist in Workplace Relations (Law Institute of Victoria).
Paul was admitted to practice in 2008. He joined Colin Biggers & Paisley in 2017.