Toby is a partner in the insurance and financial services team. He advises clients on:
- Risk detection and advice
- General, life, A&H and statutory
- Book acquisition/disposal
- Marketing/distribution, white label arrangements
- Perimeter issues and regulator interaction
- AML/CTF, cryptocurrency, insurtech, data protection and privacy/GDPR
- Superannuation, credit regulation and revenue
Toby works closely with the Risk and Compliance Committee of an APRA regulated institution and for many years was a member of the disputes panel of a large private organisation.
Toby is listed in the 2020 and 2021 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia for insurance law.
Toby was admitted as a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance in 2000, and is admitted to the Supreme Courts of New South Wales and England and Wales, and the Federal and High Courts of Australia. He joined Colin Biggers & Paisley in 2014.
While studying, Toby worked as a Japanese tutor and business translator. Outside work, Toby is interested in linguistics and grammar systems, and fencing épée. He is also a co-inventor of an image archiving model for which a patent application is pending.