We understand that not-for-profits may face challenges which are particular to the sector. These can be related to tax concessions and exemptions, fundraising, testamentary gifts, corporate sponsorship and legal obligations related to volunteers.
Beyond the considerations which are unique to the sector, we help many not-for-profit organisations with a wide range of advice, drafting of documents and resolution of disputes.
We are experienced at advising not-for-profits on corporate governance. This includes advice to boards, committees and managers, drafting of constituent or governing documents and advice on accountability.
Our clients include schools, aged-care providers, religious institutions, professional associations, charitable funds and trusts, Public Benevolent Institutions, charitable institutions, societies and clubs.
We provide advice across the whole spectrum:
- workplace relations
- employment awards, contracts and disputes
- government regulation for disability organisations
- Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status
- FBT rebates and GST concessions
- testamentary gifts
- corporate sponsorship
- legal and WHS considerations related to volunteers
- restructuring, including mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers and winding up
- commercial contracts
- property transactions
- construction projects and disputes
- procurement contracts
- training and education
- intellectual property, including trade marks, copyright and internet services
- international agencies and offshore programs
- grant applications and project funding
- research and publications
- risk management and liability
- major events
- corporate governance