Stephen has been a partner in Colin Biggers & Paisley's corporate and commercial team since 2016 and is the partner responsible for the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation.
Stephen practices primarily in corporate and commercial transactions and advisory, with a focus on the shipping, maritime, ports and supply chain industries. Stephen's clients' number among the leaders in the transport and logistics industry, and he has extensive experience advising Australian and overseas shipping lines, logistics companies, port operators and government organisations. He has also worked with shipping specialists in London.
Stephen advises clients on business acquisitions and disposals, regulatory issues, negotiation and drafting of contracts, carriage of goods and passengers by sea, air and land, ship arrest and admiralty.
Stephen has been consistently recognised for his expertise in the listings below
- Chambers and Partners 2018 to 2023 - leading lawyer for Shipping Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2014 to 2024 - Transportation Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2020 to 2024 - Shipping and Maritime Law
- Best Lawyers 2022 - Lawyer of the Year, Shipping and Maritime Law
- Doyle's Guide 2016 to 2021 and 2023 - leading Admiralty, Shipping and Maritime Lawyer
- Who's Who Legal: Transport 2017, 2018 and 2019 - leading lawyer in shipping law
Stephen holds a Bachler of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws. He was admitted to practice in 1985.
Stephen is the Secretary for Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds Limited.