Public-private partnerships (PPPs)
We have advised on and negotiated complex delivery systems for both public and private participants in projects. Our depth of experience includes a practical understanding of all forms of project delivery structures, such as:
- early tender and/or contractor involvement arrangements
- engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects
- engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) contracts
- joint ventures
- project and programme alliances
A number of our lawyers are recognised as leading individuals in PPPs and procurement and have a proven track record in ensuring that clients are provided with cost-effective commercial advice for the entire lifecycle of the project.
We have a thorough knowledge of contractual and regulatory issues applicable to road and rail projects, airport developments, power station projects, mining infrastructure, waste treatment plants, health facilities, prisons and other social infrastructure.
Colin Biggers & Paisley is recognised for the outstanding work we have undertaken for private and public sector clients in infrastructure planning, funding and delivery. We understand the complexity of infrastructure projects and we are experts at establishing legal and policy frameworks which allow our clients to meet their project objectives.
Our team has successfully advised private and public sector clients on an extensive range of infrastructure planning projects, including wastewater, water supply, waste management, sewerage, flood, stormwater, transport, sport and recreation, community facilities and green infrastructure.
We have been responsible for significant infrastructure planning projects such as:
- infrastructure agreements for major urban developments for development corporations and public sector agencies
- infrastructure and planning agreements for development corporations, local governments and infrastructure authorities
- infrastructure planning and infrastructure charging instruments for local governments and infrastructure authorities
- port expansions
- project management for major infrastructure projects, including local government infrastructure, state government capital works, public and private partnerships and private sector capital projects
- water supply and sewerage service level agreements between local governments
You can rely on our expertise in a broad range of infrastructure-related matters such as:
- infrastructure acquisition and compensation
- infrastructure agreements, development agreements, planning agreements and works in kind agreements
- infrastructure contributions and charging
- infrastructure legislation and policy
- infrastructure planning
- infrastructure planning and charging instruments
- infrastructure procurement
- project approvals, consents and licences
- project assessment and management