We have extensive experience acting on large and complex development projects for developers, landowners, government authorities and corporations.
Our approach to solving problems is both creative and practical. If required, we can provide customised real-time online reporting for your development site or property portfolio.
We were the first legal practice in Australia to develop an online property contract exchange platform, revolutionising the way real estate is bought and sold.
We are closely involved with key property associations such as the Urban Development Institute of Australia, the Green Building Council of Australia and the Australian Property Institute.
We provide reliable, expert advice on all aspects of property development:
- buying and selling residential, commercial, educational, retail, industrial and hotel properties, whether by option, off the plan or otherwise
- retail, shopping centre, office, industrial and government agency leases
- strata, neighbourhood and community title
- planning, heritage and native title
- contaminated land, pollution and waste management
- compliance with planning approvals
- development agreements between landowners/developers and builders
- development agreements with put and call options
- climate change and sustainability
- major projects and essential infrastructure (eg ports, hospitals, energy, water)
- public-private partnerships, joint ventures and other types of project delivery or management agreements
- foreign investment
- compulsory acquisition, valuation and compensation
- stamp duty and GST laws
- insurance and risk management
- sharing of expenses and rights between adjoining properties
- advice on property trust matters
- property funds, debt and equity financing and supporting securities
- land subdivision
- right of way, restrictions on use and other property covenants
- retirement and aged care
- home building regulation
- development-related mediation and court proceedings