Our lawyers in our national Cladding practice have a deep understanding of the issues facing the property, construction and insurance industries which are deeply impacted by the flammable or combustible cladding crisis in Australia.
We have been at the forefront of the cladding crisis since its emergence, driving and exploring solutions.
Our team acts for a wide range of professionals, with a particular focus on the construction industry. The team acted for the builder in one of the most well-known and publicised court cases in Australia in relation to the liability of parties involved in the design and construction of a building with combustible cladding. The case concerned the well-publicised fire at the 21 storey Lacrosse Apartment Tower in La Trobe Street, Docklands. This was the most significant case to date to go through the courts system to examine the liability for buildings which had been constructed using aluminium composite panels (ACPs) on a building's façade and the contributing liabilities of design consultants.
We continue to act in some of the most significant cladding disputes and remediation projects in Australia and abroad.
- Advising clients on cladding issues across a wide range of industries including property, construction and insurance, areas which are deeply impacted by the lack of enforcement of cladding regulations in Australia
- Advising clients on liability of parties involved in the design and construction of buildings with combustible cladding
- Handling multijurisdictional claims and recovery actions related to clients' worldwide cladding exposure
- Defending class actions proceedings commenced by alleged affected persons around Australia
- Advising construction companies on audit work of records as to any projects that had non-compliant cladding