Colin Biggers & Paisley's International Arbitration team is highly regarded for cross-border commercial disputes, and foreign domestic arbitrations.
As well as acting in complex international arbitrations for foreign governments and large multinationals, Colin Biggers & Paisley advises on arbitral processes, prepares and negotiates international arbitration agreements, and acts in relation to the enforcement and review of arbitral awards.
This reflects the increased perception of international arbitration as one of the most effective tools to achieve enforceable and economic results on cross-border transactions.
Our talented dispute resolution lawyers use innovative and practical measures to extract best-case arbitral outcomes, including via expedited arbitration processes, technological assistance including artificial intelligence, hybrid structures involving early neutral evaluation, and close connections to leading international consultants and experts.
Our international arbitration team advises on:
- the utilisation of international arbitration clauses on cross-border transactions;
- the conduct of institutional and 'ad hoc' arbitrations, both in Australia and internationally;
- the facilitation of arbitrations via technological, expert and other services providers;
- the application of UNCITRAL, ICC, IBA and other international institutional rules; and
- litigation concerning the enforcement or review of international arbitral awards.
The team is able to draw on Colin Biggers & Paisley's interdisciplinary resources to provide high-value niche solutions to sectors ranging from construction and engineering
, to commercial, corporate, insurance
, manufacturing, supply, transport, banking, financial services
, health, aged care, education
, NFP ICT, IP, property
Our clients trust us to deliver clear, commercial and pragmatic solutions utilising not only international arbitration, but also the broader toolbox of international dispute resolution options.