Andrew has been a member of Colin Biggers & Paisley's insurance team since 1997 and became a partner in 2001. Andrew has expertise in commercial and general insurance litigation in a range of jurisdictions, including State and Federal Courts and various tribunals.
Andrew conducts claims for a wide range of professionals, including directors and officers, solicitors, accountants, financial institutions, stockbrokers, real estate agents, patent attorneys, insurance brokers and trustees.
Andrew has extensive experience representing insurers in a wide range of transport work, including marine recoveries, port liability claims and claims arising from road and rail carriage of goods.
Andrew acts for both local and overseas insurers in general liability, product liability, property damage and business interruption claims. He also deals with captive insurance and reinsurance matters, fraud investigations, motor vehicle claims, and provides detailed policy reviews and wording advice.
Andrew has been recognised for his expertise in the listings below:
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2018 to 2024 - Insurance Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2019 to 2024 - Transportation Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2021 to 2024 - Shipping and Maritime Law
- The Best Lawyers in Australia 2024 - Legal Malpractice Litigation
- Named by Best Lawyers as Transportation Lawyer of the Year in 2023
- Doyle's Guide 2015 to 2019 and 2022 - Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyer - Victoria
- Doyle's Guide 2017 and 2018 - Leading Public and Product Liability Lawyer - Victoria
- ExpertGuides 2017 to 2019 - Insurance and Reinsurance
Andrew was admitted to legal practice in South Australia in 1992, the Federal Court and High Court in 1993 and in Victoria in 1996.
When not working, Andrew enjoys travelling, reading and spending time with family and friends.