A partner in Colin Biggers & Paisley's corporate and commercial team since 2000, David also leads the hospitality and club law and the intellectual property law teams. He is widely experienced in commercial law and provides general legal counsel, as well as handling commercial transactions and disputes, legal and general drafting, management of and advice on negotiations and legal risks, and legal issue project management.
David is a member and Foundation Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, counsel to and a member of ClubsNSW and a member of the Australian Equipment Lessors' Association, Commercial Law Association, and the NSW Society for Computers and the Law.
In the 2023 and 2024 editions of The Best Lawyers in Australia, David is recognised for his expertise in Hospitality and Tourism Law.
David was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW, Federal Court and High Court of Australia in 1975.
- business sales and purchases
- competition law and trade practices
- contract negotiations and documentation
- corporations and associations
- distributorships, agencies and franchises
- e-commerce and technology
- equipment sales and finance
- intellectual property including trade marks
- joint ventures
- commercial leases
- personal property securities
- mergers and acquisitions
Hospitality and registered clubs
- advertising, marketing and promotions
- Independent Liquor & Gaming Authority matters
- enquiries and investigations
- executive contracts
- gaming machines
- liquor licensing
- major contracts
- meetings and elections
- property developments