Simone Whetton is a partner in the corporate team at Colin Biggers & Paisley. Simone's expertise is in corporate transactions and corporate advisory, with a focus on unlisted companies across key industry sectors including transport and logistics, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and healthcare, energy and resources and technology, telecommunications. Simone also advises in respect of outsourcing and procurement issues.
Simone regularly advises on:
- share and business sales and acquisitions, including all aspects of due diligence, drafting and negotiating contractual documentation
- joint ventures, shareholder agreements, constitutions and general corporate documentation
- drafting and negotiating a range of corporate agreements
- directors’ duties, governance and compliance issues
- trusted advisory and corporate issues for boards and executive management
- setting up operations for foreign companies doing business in Australia
- tenders and procurement processes including drafting associated documentation
Simone is a fluent German speaker and acts for many German and foreign companies operating in Australia. She is a member of the Australian German Chamber of Industry and Commerce. Simone became partner at the legal practice in 2014.