Unfortunately, property transactions don't always run smoothly. When things do go wrong, you want commercially-minded, timely, and pragmatic legal advice to help you navigate what can often be complex disputes.
Our property disputes team can be relied upon to manage your legal proceedings. Understanding your project, business and stakeholders is critical. With this in mind, our lawyers will identify and mitigate key commercial risks to manage costs, resolve the dispute, and deliver a successful project outcome for your business.
Clients we act for include property developers, property investors, landowners, builders, owners corporations, local councils, government bodies, contractors, corporations and individuals.
Our property team can support you on:
- landlord and tenant disputes
- sale and purchase of land disputes, including contracts relating to off-the-plan developments
- access to land issues
- caveat disputes and applications to extend the operation of caveats
- easement disputes
- titling issues
- stratum disputes (particularly with regard to strata management statements, building management agreements and associated service contracts)
- joint venture and property development issues
Our team also has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution methods, including expert determination, mediation and arbitration which can be used to achieve the best outcome possible for your business.
- Large property developer - acting for property developer with respect to easement dispute preventing registration of plan of subdivision and completion of sale contracts to hundreds of families. The dispute involved issues relating to breach of contract, estoppel and s88K of the Conveyancing Act. The dispute also involved urgent applications relating to the removal of caveats over land. The matter ultimately settled with the developer obtaining an easement and completing all sale contracts with no loss.
- Owners Corporation - acting for a large Owners Corporation (in excess of 240 members) in respect of a dispute relating to a strata management statement, including arguments as to fiduciary obligations owed by a developer in a mixed use complex and the duties owed
- Land Valuation Disputes - Advising clients on each of the only 2 matters heard in the Land Appeals Court in QLD in 2019 in relation to land valuations.