Whether organisations are forming their own lines of inquiry or being investigated externally, they need to be prepared and able to respond quickly and effectively to investigations to avoid a damaging crisis. We are positioned to prepare, mitigate and guide organisations through any litigation that might eventuate while letting their business focus on its priorities.
Our expertise is industry-led to offer a safe pair of hands. We are mindful of the regulatory environment organisations operate in and advise on various matters including Royal Commissions, Commissions of Inquiry, coronial inquests, internal investigations, regulatory inquiries and investigations, criminal investigations, and critical incident mining safety regulator investigations.
Our approach prioritises maintaining business growth, reputation and integrity. It also considers the broader and more sensitive issues arising from investigations, including relationships with other key stakeholders, such as regulators, insurers, media and the broader businesses and communities.
Our experience includes:
- Working with 14 different aged care providers in the recent Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety.
- Advising clients on the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Representing clients in four separate public investigations by the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption.
- Acting in Crime and Misconduct Commission and the Corruption and Crime Commission matters.
- Achieving a successful outcome for Clarence Coal Pty Ltd in entering a WHS undertaking in lieu of a prosecution for a roof collapse injuring two personnel in 2018.
- Managing the response to a regulator mining safety investigation at Springvale Colliery, an underground coal mine, which resulted in no prosecution action by the regulator.